**UPDATE 07/27/2021: New Student Application for 2021-22 Program are NOW OPEN!! Application meetings are scheduled for Saturday (7/21/2021) and Sunday (8/1/21) at 5pm. Applications will be provided after the meeting. Students MUST be accompanied by a parent(s).
- Learn to work as a team and develop leadership skills
- Learn a variety of vocational skills:
- Metal fabrication
- Reciprocating engines
- Understanding technical drawings and instructions
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Earn a Sport Pilot certificate
- Job shadowing & internship opportunities
- Potential credits for high school and higher education
- Students become better candidates for prospective employers
Build Plane (Sept – Aug)
Students will work approximately 200+ hours in the first year building the aircraft and participating in the flight-test phase. The students will also display their aircraft throughout the year at a variety of events and venues to show their accomplishments, help promote the program and to serve as outreach to other youths.
Flight Training and Job Shadowing
The second year of the program is primarily focused on flight training, aircraft maintenance and inspection, developing leadership through participation in mentoring first year students and exploring career opportunities through additional field trips and jab shadowing.
Hands On100% Student Made
Airplanes in Progress
Students per year
No costs or Fees
EducationalBriefings & Guest Speakers
2019-20 Program Sponsors
TeenFlight Puyallup would not be able to provide the program we do to so many kids without the generous support from individuals and Organizations. TeenFlight would like to thank the following Organizations who support our program by either directly funding our programs, donating product and/or services or making contributions based upon their employees volunteer hours within TeenFlight.